blew 87

Convicted Driver Insurance

never_again

I have recently been charged with blowing 87 microgrammes in 100 millileters of breath. I had a small collision with an island just before a round about where i sustained damage to the car but nothing to the island or to any other person or vehicle. I need my car for access to my daughter who lives about 4.5 miles from me and who i have a court order for set days and times for that access, and for my job which is about 4 miles away and i also drive for my job but not very often.

I would like to know if my daughter and my job bear any relevance to me keeping my licence and possibly having points and/or community service??

Also what kind of punishment am i looking at??

Any help is massively appreciated

Thank you

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going crazy here

I have recently been charged with blowing 87 microgrammes in 100 millileters of breath. I had a small collision with an island just before a round about where i sustained damage to the car but nothing to the island or to any other person or vehicle. I need my car for access to my daughter who lives about 4.5 miles from me and who i have a court order for set days and times for that access, and for my job which is about 4 miles away and i also drive for my job but not very often.

I would like to know if my daughter and my job bear any relevance to me keeping my licence and possibly having points and/or community service??

Also what kind of punishment am i looking at??

Any help is massively appreciated

Thank you[/QUOTE

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going crazy here

Assuming that this is your first offence, with a reading of 87 microgrammes in breath you will be liable for a disqualification of 17 -22 months and a fine. 87 is towards the higher end of that range. The fact that you were involved in an accident, albeit minor, will be an aggravating factor. The Court should offer you a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

A disqualification for drink driving cannot be avoided on the grounds of hardship. As such the issues which you have raised will not prevent the Court from disqualifying you. That said, they may encourage the Court to disqualify you for a period at the lower end of the above range.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail with one of our lawyers please call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off