What do you think my chances are?

Convicted Driver Insurance
I was disqualified from driving for 42 months on October 29 2010, this was my second offence in three years, both times for failing to provide a specimen for analysis.
On this occasion I drove back from the pub & hit a brick wall, left the car there & walked home, police later came to my house where I was sleeping & did a breath test that read 77. At the station I refused to give a specimen for analysis. I was offered the Drink Driving awareness course on my first ban (which reduced it by 5 months) but not my second, reluctance being a second conviction.

I know that I can appeal after 2 years & success of the appeal depends on my character and conduct since the ban was imposed, the seriousness of the original offence and other relevant considerations, such as my reasons for wanting my licence back early.

I am of good character & have only been in trouble with police through drink driving. I will certainly not drive whilst the ban is still in place & getting my licence back early would help with job prospects. I was told to send back my licence to the court within 1 week which I still haven't done, will this have an effect on the appeal?

On the evidence above what do you think the chances of getting my licence back early are?

Many thanks,

6 month's & counting.

You have correctly identified the criteria which the Court will consider. In order to give detailed advice on your prospects we would need to discuss the matter with you in greater detail.

The main concern in your case is the circumstances of the most recent offence. The fact that you were involved in an accident, left the scene and then failed to provide a specimen will not be looked upon favourably.

Therefore the other relevant considerations will need to be compelling. The fact that a driving licence would help with job prospects generally is relevant. The application would stand a greater chance of success if you had an offer of employment, subject to you being able to drive.

If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail with a member of the team, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off