Sentence information please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neutral Steve

Hello, I was pulled over last night for drink driving and have a court date in a month. I was breathalised for 80 microgramms in 100ml of breath. This is my first offence and i was just wandering what kind of punishment i can expect. Is their any chance of prison time?

Technically all drink driving offences carry a risk of imprisonment. However, in practice the Courts adhere to sentencing guidelines which provide a recommendation for sentence. This recommendation is determined by the level of the alcohol reading.

On a first offence, with a reading of 80ug/100ml in breath, you will be liable for a disqualification of 17 - 22 months and a fine. The Court should offer you a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

The fine for this offence is Band C, meaning that the amount payable should be between 125% - 175% of 1 week's take home pay.

If you would like discuss your case with a member of the team, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off