Help advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Atr

Hi, I'm due to appear in court on Monday. I'm being charged with leaving the scene and failing to report.

Ill set the scene, was out playin pool with mates from college. Had a fee beers over 6 hours 4 max etc. Get bumped in a taxi, go back to my car t get more cash. Decided I didn't feel intoxicated I drove home, lost control of my car on a sharp bend due to Icey ground conditions. I come around an decide to walk home.

8 in the morning police are at the door quizzing me, I was heavily concussed though answered the questions as best as I could, I admitted drink driving but I'm only Being charged with leaving the scene and failing to report.

I'm an apprentice an this is the only chance for me to better myself in becoming a heavy plant engineer for the biggest coal compqny in Europe, I have 2 year to go but if I lose my licence I can't get to work due to the unsociable hours. Up at half 4 an at work for half 5 for a 12 hour shift.

Where do I stand ? What will I get ? Im make more than an average apprentice but I can't rely on anyone t get me to work. I'm so ****ting it I can't believe I was so f**king stupid!

The sentence for offences of failing to stop/failing to report can be wide-ranging and will depend upon the prosecution evidence.

These offences carry either an endorsement of 5 - 10 points or a period of disqualification. You will also be liable for a fine or community order, or in extreme cases a period of imprisonment.

The main aggravating feature in your case appears to be the fact that you have admitted to the Police that you had been drinking.

We have considerable experience of helping clients avoid disqualification for these offences. In order to properly advise on sentence we would need to discuss your case in more detail to clarify the time frames and the damage caused in the accident. If you would like to discuss your case with a member of the team, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Last edited:
Hey

Thought I'd update got my hearing delayed for a week to properly meet with my solicitor to discuss options.

Court hearing was today an went too well, he managed to persuade the judge to let me keep my licence and avoid disqualification in particular view of my apprenticeship. I really should have been banned for my stupidity but recieved 8 points and 280 pounds fine.

I'd like to thank you in the guidance an support I received here an tht I appreciate it like nothing else !

I will never ever be in a position like tht again my experience was both nerv raking and embarrassing, I've never felt shame like it admitting it to my parents.

Thanks again all

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off