court date next week

Convicted Driver Insurance

craig blade

Hi,
I was arrested on Monday in the early hours of Monday morning, re-parking my friends car on the other side of the road. I was drunk and the police saw me do it and so was arrested with charges of driving whilst drunk and drving without insurance. It is my first offence and I have never been in trouble with the police in my life. I have a court date set next tuesday. I just need some advice on what is most likely to happen as I am terrified at the prospect of going to prison. Also how long the charges will stay on my record etc thank you

In order to advise you I would need to know the level of the alcohol reading. Could you reply setting out the reading. Alternatively, please feel free to contact a member of the team on 0845 002 0736 to discuss the matter in detail.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

my reading was 107 and 101. I had only re parked the car across the other side of the road and it's my first offence.

On a first offence, with a reading of 101ug/100ml, you will be liable for a disqualification of 23 - 28 months, together with a community order. The Court should offer you a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

Although all drink driving offences technically carry the risk of imprisonment, the Court should not even consider this with your reading. The sentencing guidelines only recommend custody with readings of 120ug/100ml and above.

A conviction for this offence can stay on your record indefinitely. However, assuming that you are sentenced by way of a community order, the conviction will be spent after a period of 5 years.

The fact that you had only driven the vehicle a short distance may be highly relevant. Shortness of distance can amount to a special reason. If the Court makes a finding of special reasons they will have discretion not to disqualify, or to disqualify for a shorter period.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail with a member of the team, please call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off