Caught DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

Idiot

Hi,

I hope you can offer me some advice...

I'm a 27 year old Irish male living and working in South Wales,

I was caught DD and blew 58 in the station, they have charged me and I'm due in court soon.

The car that I took was not my own, it belongs to a friend who was unaware. I also do not hold a full licence and didn't have insurance.
The car in question is an Irish car and I believe this was the reason the police were unable to run checks on it and charge me for being uninsured etc, only DD.

The distance travelled was very short, no-one else was with me and I had co-operated fully at all times. I don't believe I was asked at the station if I was the owner of the car, what type of licence I had or whether or not I was insured, although I may be mistaken.

Should I go to the police and admit the other offences or wait to go to court, at which point I believe the they will come to light anyway once I show my provisional licence?

Any other advice would be appreciated,

Thanks a lot

It may help you to know that you would not receive any different sentence or penalty if you admitted the additional offences at the Court instead of at the police station. A plea at Court is the earliest opportunity and receives FULL credit.

In view of the issues that you are raising I would stringly urge you to be represented by a motoring law expert. We offer fixed fee representation and are experts with a proven track record in securing damage limitation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off