Wasn't driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

davee

Last night I was walking home from a friends house after consuming quite a lot of alcohol, I had parked my car half way between my home and my friends after deciding to walk so I could have a drink en route. Walking back home at 1am, I decided to go to my car to get a jacket out of the boot, seconds later, a police officer in a van pulled up and breathalysed me, accusing me of driving, saying he saw me driving erratically and then saw the headlights turn off, this is completely untrue and I had not driven the car for hours. The officer was alone and it's basically my word against his, where will I stand in court? Will they just believe him over me? I was breathalysed at the police station, but the readings came back completely different, 79 and 92, so I was told I had to have a blood test.

Many thanks!

If you are adamant that you did not drive the vehicle then clearly you should give serious consideration to pleading not guilty and contesting the matter.

If this officer has given a false account then steps will need to be taken to ascertain whether there is any way to undermine that account. Enquiries could also be made of local businesses and residents to see if there is any CCTV footage from the area. If you have indicated to the Police that you deny driving, the Police may well be making these enquiries already.

Do you have any witnesses who can corroborate your account?

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off