DVLA Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

CHIPSMUM

I guess this is not really a legal question but hoped you might be able to offer some advice.
In October 2010 my disqualification ended early following attendance on Rehab course. I applied for my license back and as a HRO was advised to attend a medical. Unfortunately due to being snowed in from end of Nov into Dec, I could not attend the medical and my application was refused.
I reapplied in January and received new paperwork 03/02/11.
I live in a remote area of Scotland and earliest appointment I could get with the nearest Dr is 24/03/11. DVLA have said that this is unacceptable as it is outwith the 6 week time frame allowed and have threatened to cancel my application. They have giving me the name of an alternative Dr much further away and very difficult for me to get to but the first appointment I can get with him is 18/03/11. Again this is just outwith the 6 week timescale.
I feel it is very unfair to refuse my application when I cannot get an earlier appointment for the medical. The first Dr has advised me that they will let me know if the get a cancellation but DVLA have said unless I confirm date of appointment within 7 days, they will cancel my application.
Do you know if there is any way round this problem and also if I am allowed to drive in the meantime ?
Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off