mitigation

Convicted Driver Insurance

thepadster

Hello there , i am in court on monday coming for refusing to provide a sample for analasyis , i blew at the side of the road but only managed one readable sample in the police station which gave a reading of 85 ,i have written a letter for the judge appolagising for my actions and and stating i have remorse for my actions , i am not gonna try and blame a difficult year on what i did because i was in the wrong and its my own fault for making a bad decesion , it is my first offence ,my boss is also writing a letter to say how out of character it is for me to have done this and he will try to work around my ban at work but if it affects my work then i will loose my job , i do building maintence work ,who do i give theese letters to ?and also what is a letter of mitigation ?would it be of benefit or should i just put my hands up and say i made a huge mistake
cheers
Paul

Mitigation is the process of explaining to the Court any factor which may have led to the offence being committed and any personal circumstances which may be grounds for a more lenient sentence. If you've had a difficult year then the Court should be made aware of this. If your employer is prepared to write a character reference, this should definitely be provided to the Magistrates.

There is always a benefit to well-presented mitigation. This can often have a significant impact upon the sentence imposed.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off