Application Refused - Section 93(1)(3) Section 94(8)

Convicted Driver Insurance

martinc

Any advice welcome. I had to cancel a High Offenders Medical due to travel and work committments. I have since received a letter from DVLA stating I must not drive and my application is refused. It seems this section of the Act enbales DVLA to refuse a licence based on inquirys they have made on me. I intended to send another application form next week. The letter states I can appeal to a magistrate regarding this decision. Does this also mean I am unable to send in a new application. I have never been refused a licence previously due to a disability. I have recently had a GGT test at my GP which was 160, then another at 84. I wonder if DVLA have contacted my GP? I have no history whatsoever of alcohol abuse or anything relating to a disability.

Ordinarily if your application has been refused, you will be prevented from making a further application for 6-12 months. Therefore if you wish obtain a license sooner than that then an appeal to a Magistrates' Court will be required.

The DVLA will likely have contacted your GP. This is normally the first stage in the procedure. If the DVLA are concerned by the information provided by your GP, a medical examination will then be required.

In your case, this could have been your first GGT result which is above the normal range. This is considered an indicator of sustained alcohol consumption.

We have considerable experience of assisting clients with appeals against decisions of the DVLA. If you would like to discuss this with a member of the team, please feel call 0845 002 0736.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Hi Carl, thanks for your reply, where does it state in the road traffic act that you cannot apply for 6-12 months? Why does'nt section 88 apply in this instance? I want to take the test ASAP. Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off