Applying for prov license after ban.

Convicted Driver Insurance

f.gump

Good morning,
I am currently coming up to the end of a 3 year ban(January)i at the time i was also disqualified for driving.
However i have never held a licence.I admit i used to be careless but i have not sat in the driving seat of a car since.
I would like to know how long before my ban ends may i apply for my 1st provisional license.
Also with me not having a license before will my previous motoring convictions still show?

Very greatful for your response.

:)

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

You can apply for your provisional license before the end of your disqualification. There is no set date on which an application can be made.

You should apply for the provisional license before the end of your disqualification in any event, so that the application is being processed by the time your disqualification ends - failing to do so may lead you to inadvertently commit a license offence.

I must stress that when making an application any failure to disclose your present disqualification is a criminal offence.

Also, if your provisional license is issued before the end of your disqualification, this does not mean that you can begin taking driving lessons. You cannot begin to take driving lessons until the disqualification has come to an end – if you did so you would commit a serious criminal offence.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson

Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Thank you very much for your fast respose,im most greatfull.
With me being allowed to apply for my provisional licence,does that mean i could take my theory test in advance of my ban,end date?
I understand i may not take lessons or drive until the ban is over.
Thanks again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off