Advice Needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Clare10

Hi, need advice to help my partner. He was arrested on Friday night for drink driving. His first breath test read 98, his second then read 73, as these were deemed inconclusive results the arresting officer said that blood tests had to be taken. My partner has now been bailed until 8th November 2010, but on his bail sheet the offence is just down as alleged. He has not been formally charged with anything. We are living in complete limbo at the moment, as we are totally unaware as to what to might happen. Is he looking at a jail sentence, and how long is he likely to be banned from driving from? The police have said he is allowed to drive until 8th November 2010, is this correct because the last thing we want or need is any more trouble. My partner understands how silly he has been, but what we really need to know now is how much trouble could he actually be in?

Any advice/help greatly welcomed,

The breath samples were inconclusive and unreliable due to the disparity in the two readings. Your Partner must now await the blood results. In the meantime he should consider having his own sample independently analysed. This can usually be arranged for a couple of hundred pounds or less and may put your partner out of his/her misery (or not!).
In the meantime he can drive. The final outcome will depend on many variables, not least of all the final blood alcohol level. Check out the sentencing guidelines for an idea of sentence or call us on 08450020736.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off