3yr ban reduction appeal

Convicted Driver Insurance

mutley

i have been banned from driving for 3 yrs ,i blew 65 in the test and no others were involved , i completed a drink awareness course 8mths ago , i have done 14mths of the ban to date... the 3 yr ban was given because i was convicted of dd 9yrs 11mths previously . my personal life and other family circumstances (due to the length of ban) are deterioting rapidly , my business has folded , i am un-employed , my marriage will end any day probably too ... i accept completely that it is my own fault this has happened but feel it was due to the upset over the bereavment of both parents in the space of a week 6mths prior to my ban that made me drive that night ...
can i appeal to the courts to reduce my ban further to save whats left of my life ?

The good news is that it is possible to request the early return of your driving licence once 2 years of the disqualification have been served.

The bad news is that Courts are not easily persuaded to remove bans early. You should prepare, thoroughly and adduce evidence of everything that you say. Have regard to the statutory crietria for granting these applications, which can be found on our website: http://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/services/individuals/srvmotoring/early_return_of_driving_licence/

I would always recommend that anyone applying for the early removal of a ban get legal representation. I would not recommend that they represent themself.

If your application is successful you could have your licence returned to you after 2 years of serving the ban. However, you should bear in mind that the Court will be concerned by the fact that this is your second offence. This could cause prejudice to your application and would need to be addressed very carefully.

Call us on 08450020736 for a free no obligation discussion.

Last edited:
...? slightly confused ...regarding ``2 convictions close together``
.. do you mean 9yrs 11mths will be regarded as close ?
thanks for reply ...

2 convictions for offences carrying obligatory disqualification (eg drink driving), within 10 years of each, other trigger a minimum ban of 3 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off