failed blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

steve

hello my name is steve and i failed a road side breath test a few weeks ago. the officer who was alone took me in his car to the police station without searching or cuffing me to the suprise of the custordy sergant.when doing the breath test at the station he didnt know the code for the test? i blew 47 and then 44 and he arrested me. so i opted for a blood test. after 2.30mins at the station he gave me my key back and said i was ok to drive, without retesting me was this correct. when the blood came back it was 100, which is a fail.if he was ment to retest me could it be a void case...many thanks..

With the levels of breath recorded being 44 and 47 ug you have the option to replace your breath specimen with blood or urine, which is determined by the police officer.

In your case the police officer has determined that your blood should be analysed as the replacement specimen.

It is extremely unusual for the police to release someone from custody without a pre-bail/charge breath test. This is a serious mistake as it effectively means that you drove away from the police station still over the prescribed limit.

There may be other significant errors made by the police in the extraction of your blood, which COULD lead to your blood specimen being ruled by the Court to be inadmissible.

I would advise you to consider instructing a road traffic solicitor with proven expertise in this field. We have years of experience in dealing with (and winning) cases like yours.

If you wanted full advice on your options and about your prospects of avoiding a disqualification then call us on *_08450020736. _*We represent people in any court in England or Wales.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off