drink driving accident

Convicted Driver Insurance

ewan

hi there i recently had a car accident at the end of june and was hospitalised and had to be cut from car by fire brigade there was no breath test done but while in hospital a blood test was done and a second sample was given to my brother the results have just came back and not good police called today and said it was 140 per 100 blood i had a broken femur and left forearm my passenger was unhurt i allso hit 2 parked cars and a wall this is my 2nd drink driving offence in ten years the first one i was given a 12 month ban and £500 fine. can you give me a rough idea what i should be expecting if i was to plead guilty ? and also should i of had to sign anything for the police to authorise taking bloods ? my memory of the night is verry unclear i remember having a 3 pints of strong beer then nothing and think i may have been spiked with a drug in the pub i was in if i had my own sample tested for drugs and it was positive would that help me in court or make things worse thank you in advance ewan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ewan
your case has several aggravating feaures that could take your punishment up the scale; well over the legal limit, involved in what sounds like a serious accident, imposing on the resources of the emergency services, second conviction in 10 years. If convicted you will receive a minimum 3 year ban. The offence also carries up to 6 months in prison. However, hospital procedures are sometimes not followed correctly by the police and breaches in procedure can lead to successful arguments to have the samples excluded. For starters they must obtain your consent to taking an intimate sample, such as blood. If not they cannot rely on it. I strongly urge you to speak to us immediately on 08450020736. We can advise you about the merits of defending this or help you prepare and present your mitigation to acheive a more lenient sentence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off