Couple of questions....

Convicted Driver Insurance

gj1

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me, i was pulled over for speeding and breathalised, I had had 3 pints of lager earlier in the evening but as there had been a couple of hours gap I assumed I was fit to drive.

I failed the road side breath test and was taken to the police station. At the police station I blew 41 and 40. Half way through them processing me, the machine froze and they had to complete the rest of the information on paper (although the machine worked to record my readings) The police officers consulted as to whether I should have to be retested - as the process had stalled but decided against it

As I blew quite low I was offered a blood test - which I took.

After being processed, and as I clearly wasnt drunk I was taken back to my car, given another road side breath test (which I passed) and was allowed to drive home, and told that it was unlikely I would come back over, in the blood test.

6 weeks passed and my results came back - over - 81 milligrams. The police officer was quite dissapointed for me - (altho he was just doing his job) He suggested I took legal advice on it, ahead of going to court. Now having read these forums explicitly I know that regardless of how hard done by I may feel I am going to get processed as a drink driver and have a criminal record.

My question is this, my job means I have to cover a large geographic area, which I do almost exclusively via public transport - is there any advantage to me having paid representation at court (given the low readings and nature of my job, is there ANY leaniancy?) If not I thought I should just attend court with remorse and accept my punishment?

Secondly - I have a company car currently, I can return this to the company (which obviously I will) but I am not overly keen to inform them of the offence. Would the courts have any right or need to contact my employer in any capacity about this offence?

I have a court appearance on the 26th so would be grateful to see your thoughts on whether you feel it would be economically viable to employ professional representation, versus what I would hope would be a low fine based on clean license and genuine remorse?

Finally - because I havent had much use for it in the 12 years Ive had it, I dont have any idea where my paper part of my driving license is. What can I do about this? Is this going to get me into further trouble?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

gj1

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off