DVLA medical blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

scr8pdo

Hi, this is the first time ive been on this forum so not sure iam in the right place but here goes,

Basically I was banned in 1997 for failing to provide a sample of breath/blood for analysis and was disqualified for 3 years as it was my second conviction releated to DD, the first being a 1 year ban in 1994, I was told at the time that in order to get my licence back I would have to have a medical which involved a blood test to prove I wasnt dependent on alcohol, my disqual ended in 2000 but couldnt get my licence back until I had attended this medical, so not needing really to drive as I worked locally and even if I had got my licence back the insurance would have been very expensive with 2 DDs and various other offences, no insurance etc I decided to leave it a few years before applying, any way the years have past, (13 now) and I decided to get my licence back as it would be clean now, I have applied for it and iam awaiting the medical appointment, my question is, what is it they are actually testing for? Iam teetotal nowadays and only have a VERY rare drink, I know they test for raised gamma gt levels but wondered if there were any other things they tested for as iam currently on a lot of medication and wondered if this would affect me getting my licence back, is it just the alcohol abuse they are concerned with or could these codiene tablets and anti imflametary tablets affect the result?
Any help would be great as I dont want to fork out £90 odd only to fail this test :(
Best regards Steve

Thanks for that, thats interesting, I should be ok as I dont take any recreational drugs but am on very strong painkillers, it says on them to not operate machinery or drive IF DROWSY but i havent been told i cant drive by the doctor

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off