Personal & case information ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

redzed

Well Known Member
I'm currently awaiting possible charges for DD etc.

I now know that it's possible to request any information that a particular Police Constabulary will be holding on me. In order to get this information I need to fill in the relevant form, provide 2 forms of identification and a £10 fee. If I had been charged straight away and was given a court date of say 2 weeks later I very much doubt that I would receive this info in enough time before a court appearance.

If I employed a solicitor I would imagine that the solicitor in question would be able to get a hold of this info much quicker but why is this the case and how does this process work?

The same applies to requesting a 'written procedure' from a Police Constabulary applying the Freedom of Information Act. The requested procedure must be supplied within 20 working days and if it cannot be supplied in that time an explanation for the delay must be given. Yet again this would more than likely be too late to put together a case for a persons own defence.

So, are Solicitors granted special privileges and if so why is this the case?

Solicitors are not granted special privileges to access this sort of information and are unlikely to get this sort of information any quicker.

A printout of your previous convictions and cautions will be served at court as part of the Advance Disclosure bundle, whether you are instructed by a solicitor or not.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off