Free Legal Advice Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

blue

One of the named drivers on my car insurance policy had an accident in my car and is being prosecuted for drunken driving. I wasnt in the car at the time and had no involvement in the accident. I reported everything to my insurance company and 9 days later got a letter saying my car was written off and my insurance policy cancelled with immediate effect. I have now received another letter from the insurance company telling me their "cover will be restricted to our liability under the Road Traffic Act" and also saying "We reserve the right to recover all sums paid in respect of any settlement of any such claim (including the costs of claimants)". I dont understand what any of that means and the insurance company will only say they will recover costs against me as the policy holder and not against the named driver. They wont discuss it any further with me until the named driver is convicted in court. I cant afford to pay any costs and can anyone tell me what costs exactly the insurance company could ask me for. They havent paid anything to fix my car as it was written off. Does this mean they wont pay me anything for my car? Do they expect to make me pay for the third party car? Can anyone tell me what my insurance company will try to recover from me when I wasnt even involved in the accident?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off