Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

gary

I have recently been charged with a drink driving charge and I am due to be sentenced on 27th May, this is my second drink driving offence in ten years, the first was five years ago.

I have been through a bad patch lately, due to my grandparents (of whom I was extremely close to) dying recently I sought comfort in alcohol which stupidly lead me to drink and drive. Since being arrested I have not had a drink and am getting help with depression and dealing with bereavement.

I have started a new job in April which I need to drive to, (it is quite a distance from where I live about an hours drive) my job also requires me to drive to many areas on the south coast. I cannot afford to loose my job as I have two young children and partner to support, not to mention rent, bills etc.

Is there any advice you could give me in avoiding loosing my licence? Are there alternative punishments the court would consider?

If you are convicted of two drink driving (or related offences like Drunk in Charge or Failing to Supply a Specimen) within a 10 year period then this carries a mandatory minimum disqualification of at least 3 years. In addition, your previous conviction will be regarded as an aggavating feature which may serve to increase the substantive punishment that the Court impose.

In the circumstances I would advise you to get legal representation. We can provide representation in any court in England and Wales, usually for a fixed fee. call us on 08450020736 if you would like to make use of our free telephone helpline. We can advise you about the evidence, potential defences and help achieve the most lenient outcome for you in the circumstances.

Thank you for the advice, but I doubt I will be able to afford legal representation.

Hello,

I really think you should get some leagl advice, you are most definately going to need it.

If you can't afford it, then seek legal aid.

If high paid MP's are entitled to legal aid, then so are you.

Most solicitors will be able to assist you on seeking Legal Aid.

I really think you are gonna need it mate.

Best Regards,

The Village Idiot.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off