Court on Friday and worried sick!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

murph

I was stopped on Friday after work (self employed) as I went through lights on amber as I left work (40 miles from home address)
Charge sheet says breath test reading 60. I was not given print off from test results, which a few internet sites say I should have been given.
Was given keys back within 2.5hrs as local police station closing at 10pm.
It was my 65th. birthday and customer brought me bottle of wine. I drank most of it by 1pm and had not had drink for at least 4 hours when I was stopped by police.
I have been driving for 48 years with NO points or convictions EVER in that time, never even been stopped. I have just scaled my work down to 2 days a week as I can't afford to retire completely and have no other money coming in other than pension & a small amount pension credit. Wife not working either. I also have a 90 year old mother who relies on me totally for her shopping etc. and cannot get out without me taking her.
I cannot afford solicitor and cannot afford to lose my licence. I'm not even sure I could afford the rehabilitation course. I have to be in court on Friday.
This was a one off. I know how stupid & dangerous it was and I was wondering if the court would actually be prepared to be lenient in this case.
What is your experience.
Very worried about standing in court and speaking to strangers as I get really tongue tied and don't sound confident in these situations.
Help gratefully accepted.

Unfortunately a ban is mandatory when you enter a guilty plea to driving with excess alcohol. The Court will sentence you in line with their guidelines. These suggest that for a breath reading of 60 the Court should disqualify for 17 - 22 months. There will also been a financial penalty of band C. However, having a good motoring lawyer in Court, who can persuade the Court to impose a shorter ban, could mean the difference between a 22 month ban or 12 month ban. We are able to offer fixed fee representation on a guilty plea. Let us know if you are interested in being assisted at the hearing in efforts to seek the best possible sentence.

i was in court last week for a very similar offence,when u get to court ask for a duty solicitor they are free and will do all the talking for you,unfortunatly there is no way of avoiding a ban,i got a 20 month ban and 330 quid fine.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off