Registered 88 on breath test - advice.

Convicted Driver Insurance

davero

Hi, i was hoping someone could give me some advice. I have recently been arrested after testing positive for drink drive. This is something i am deeply ashamed of and something i will regret for the rest of my life.

I have never been arrested before and prior to this my license was clean. I registered 88 and i am due in court in a couple of weeks. What can i expect? I presume i will get a driving ban (which will cost me my job) and some sort of fine/community service.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you go to the home page and look down the left you'll see a box saying 'Sentencing Guidelines' which will bring you to the following page.

http://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_sentencing_guidelines.php

If you intend pleading guilty you will have to complete a course about dd etc which will reduce your ban by 25%. I'm a newcomer too :( so correct me if I'm wrong, it'll be advisable for you to look into and possibly enrol in the course before you go to court, the magistrates are then more likely to give you the minimum ban possible for your offence.

Although it's a a nightmare when you do get caught dd, try to think of it as a good thing that we got caught and had that massive rocket up our ars*'s before we harmed anyone else.

hey,i blew same as you,maybe have a look at my outcome in drink driving sentences section although thats no firm marker of what you will recieve :(

The sentencing guidelines are a starting point but each case is judged on its own merit and the court will take into account any aggravating factors but will also listen to any mitigation put forward on your behalf. This mitigation may be in relation to the back ground to the offence itself or could also include your personal circumstances.

Preparation prior to the hearing is key. On the day of the court hearing everything will happen quickly:
- You will be provided with a copy of the evidence against you for the first time
- You will be expected to take legal advice about whether you have any way of defending it
- If you plead not guilty will be expected to take part in case management where you must actively identify issues in the case and outline all legal arguments, witnesses to be called and what aspects of the prosecution case you can or cannt agree.
- If you plead guilty you are expected to put forward your mitigation immediately and will probably be sentenced immediately. Even if sentence is adjourned for the preparation of pre-sentence reports you should know that an interim disqualification will be imposed and you could not drive home from court.

My advise would be to instruct a solicitor before the hearing so you can talk through your mitigation. Your solicitor will then have time to think about what he will say on your behalf in court.

We can provide representation by a solicitor or barrister in any court in the country. If you want to make use of this service or discuss your case in more detail then call on 08450020736.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off