Bewildered

Convicted Driver Insurance

talespeed

Just looking for some info on where i stand here. I was breathalysed last wk, the 1st reading was 40, the 2nd came up 'mouth alcohol'. I was blood tested about 1 hour later then released without being charged. I was not bailed or told to go to a court or police station on any date, i was only advised to await the results of the blood test (which could take 2 months):confused::confused:. I was told if it was below the legal limit i wouldn't hear anything back, i would only hear if it was above the 80mg. I am unsure what to expect from this situation

From what you said the machine malfunctioned which is why the police opted to take a further specimen from you, in your case blood.

I would advise you to have your own specimen analysed as a matter of urgency so that you know where you stand in relation to whether or not you are over the limit.

The police will contact you in order to advise whether or not you are going to be charged once they have received their own independent analysis. However, this can take many weeks and is dependant on how quickly they are able to send their specimen away to the Forensic Science Service.

If you would like to discuss this matter or require any further advice please feel free to call us on 08450020736 .

It's too late now. The Police / Police Doctor splits the sample into two separate samples at the time it's provided but they will not start intefering with evidence after the event.

Yes i was offered one but declined as i was in a state of shock and just wanted out of there, stupid, i know!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off