Caught Drink Driving on Saturday night

Convicted Driver Insurance

adamc

Hi

I guess the title explains what happened to me on Saturday night. Not a very pleasant experience and one that will make sure I don't drink and drive again.

To cut a long story short, I was caught drink driving on Saturday night about 1am driving home from my cricket club to my home (approx 1 mile journey) - not an excuse I know.

I blew 65 in the police station and stayed the night and left the police station at 7.20am

Aggravating Factors
I had 3 friends in the car
My left brake light was broken (reason i got pulled over)

Mitigating Factors
clean record for 9 years
No other criminal record
short distance
wasn't intending to drive (taxi booked didnt turn up)
I was polite to the police and answered all questions honestly
I don't drink very often (1st time in 3 months)

I have no excuses but would like to know what i am looking at. Also I am training to become an IFA. will this affect my FSA record?

At your first appearance in court you will be expected to take advice about the evidence against you and enter your plea. If you plead guilty the court will consider any mitigation put forward by you or on your behalf and the case is likely to be concluded that day. If you plead not guilty the court will want a clear indication about what the issues are and the nature of your defence and whether there are any special applications to be made by either side. For these reasons it's a good idea to instruct a legal representative in advance of the hearing and arrive fully prepared. If you plead guilty, your reading of 65 places you in a sentencing bracket which would incur a ban of between 17 - 22 months; in addition to a fine which would depend on your means.
It may be possible that the Magistrates, in considering all the factors, sentence you to a shorter period of disqualification and this will largely depend on the preparation of your mitigation and the quality of your representation. If you would like to discuss this matter or require any further advice please feel free to call us on 08450020736 .
Shortness of distance driven can be a special reason for avoiding a disqualification but there are various factors the court will take into account and they may not regard a distance of one mile as being particularly short. However, you may wish to take more specific advice about this aspect of your case.
It may well be the case that the FSA have a policy concerning applicants with criminal convictions and I would recommend that you request further information on this policy from them as soon as possible.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off