Hi can anyone help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sol

Not really sure there's a lot to hope for.

Anyway, I was caught drink driving after 2 pints in about 2 and a bit hours, after I made a left without indicating despite the fact that I did just well admittedly a little late the police where fishing and got lucky.

I failed roadside, went to station blew 48 and 52 which seemed high to me so I requested a blood test. Results just in today 83mg per 100ml of blood and I'm being charged.

Just wondered if there's any possible way to beat the charge based upon how close I was too the limit or if I'm toast.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

based purely on the result, no, you won`t be let off.

however, it all depends if the police did there proceedure correctly. Im sure others will be along who can advise more.

Thankyou anyway im sure the proceedure was fine i was just hoping there might be some margin of error for the blood results but back counting would probably negate that. Otherwise I am guilty regardless of thinking i was okay and il have to take my ban like a man and blame no one but myself. Just being slightly over feels harsh but hey its my bad for drinking anything and driving.

The breath samples will be disregarded now that you have replaced them with a blood specimen. However, unlike breath samples, there is no margin allowed with blood samples. You are over the limit of 80mg and, as you have already been informed, will be prosecuted.

The protocol of the forensic science service is to reduce the alcohol blood reading by 6mg or 6%, whichever is the highest, to allow for margins of error, etc. A police forensic scientist will almost certainly have applied this reduction but, given the reading is borderline, this is worth checking as it could actually make a difference.

In any blood case, especially a case where the reading is, or is expected to be, borderline (like yours) I would always advise that a suspect/defendant arrange for their own sample to be independently analysed. We have won cases in the past where the police analysis has been just over the limt and the independent analysis just below it. However it is important that you have followed the advise on the label of the sample about correct storage. Failure to store the sample in a cool place (ideally a fridge) will result in the quality and reliability of the sample deteriorating quite quickly.

In addition, as stated above, the police must follow correct procedures, correctly exhibit evidence, correctly store the blood themselves etc. It is impossible to comment on that aspect of the case without viewing the evidence that will be served on you by the prosecution at court.

Having a legal expert cast their eye over the prosecution evidence and advise you about your case means that, even if you decide to plead guilty, you do so in the knowledge that it is the right thing to do. That expert can also then represent you in court and speak on your behalf, put forward your mitigation, make what would otherwise be a very uncomfortable and stressful experience much easier and, most importantly, help you achieve the best outcome possible in all the circumstances.

We can provide this for a fixed fee. Call our help line for a fee no obligation discussion if you want more advice on 08450020736.

Last edited:
Thankyou for the advice, ah already reduced to account for margin of error, I'm screwed then.

Yeah I read just after the offense took place several months ago on these forums and others, and missed to send off my own vial of blood which I left stored at room temperature for months, and god knows where it is then, so once again screwed.

As for legal representation, yeah I need that but I'm not sure you guys give legal aid.

So most ways I'm screwed, still could be worse, I could be third in the league behind wigan and warrington :p

Thanks again for the help and advice :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off