Missed drink driving Trial

Convicted Driver Insurance

Londoner

Hi,

I had a trial for a Drink Driving case and the court was dated for yesterday.

Unfortunately I had an accident yesterday on the way to the court ( around 20 minutes before the court started ), it was a big accident where both of the cars were written off. I took the pictures, i also had to wait for my car to be toed and took my sister to hospital. I have few bruises and cuts but nothing major.

Basically I missed the court date, i did call the court and also sent a written explanation to the court, i just want to know what will happen, would they issue a warrant on my name. The lady on the reception told me she wouldnt know what will happen but she will definitely pass the message on.

My insurance is aware of the accident and i can get it documented, i just want to know what will happen in this case?

Regards

You are advised to contact the Court in order to find out what stance was adopted yesterday. It is impossible for me to comment on what the Court may have done as this is up to them - bearing in mind the circumstances of your non appearance at trial. The Court certainly had the power to issue a warrant for your arrest without bail.

You should remember that if convicted you are almost certainly going to get an immediate ban and could not drive home from court.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off