Is it likely this drink driver will get away with it?

Convicted Driver Insurance

d1978

A week ago a man came down my road at speed and drove into my car, which has wrote my car off and him, i ran out of my house and confronted him and he got out of his car and said its not my car anyway and took keys from ignition and walked off up road, i chased after him but as soon as he got past top of my street he disapeared and i kept looking but no luck, the police found his address, which was the first house round corner at top of street, answers why he disapeared so quick.

i described man exactly and remembered everything from his hair to what he was wearing etc, they broke down his door to get at him and he was in bed, but the clothes i said he was wearing was next to the bed and his car keys was there too. he was bleeding from the mouth which is another thing i told police that blood was coming from his mouth when i was having a go at him. the breathlised him and he was 3.5 times over the limit.

he was arrested and bailed, he is denying driving the car, he is blaming it on someone else, he is sayin one of his mates must of drove it and said a mate was wearing the exact same clothes as him. because he is denying it, and because its his car so all tests show he has drove car but as it is his car that doesnt prove much, but suppose it didnt show up anyone else has drove car, so is it high posiblities that he will get away with this through denying driving, he is saying he was in bed from 930 pm, a hour before the crash? he has not told his insurance that he has crashed into some cars, he has seeked legal advice and he was told to say no comment, but then said to the police that he was too drunk to remember anything he did that night

he has previous for drink driving and lost his licence for it previously

If he made no comment replies during his police interview then this is not the same as denying the offence. Adverse inferences can be drawn from his refusal to answer questions, although this, in itself, would not be enough to convict him.

The police could conduct an identity procedure. In the first instance this would involve a video line up where you would be asked to view a DVD complilation of 9 people and asked if you are able to identify which one of the 9 you think was the offender. If you were to pick him out on an ID procedure then this would bolster the case against him. If he refused to participate in this sort of procedure then there are alternative identification procedures that the police could resort to.

Ultimately, it is a matter for the police as to how the investigation is conducted.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off