Help Needed Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mini23

Hi, I was pulled over on Sunday morning after loosing control of my car in bad weather and sliding into a bush. They took my breath reading at 2.30am and it was 46. I had one small glass of wine with a meal at 9pm, a glass of champage and 3 glasses of red bull. These glasses of red bull which i have now found out contained vodka which i wasnt aware i was drinking, these drinks were purchased by someone I didnt know (stupid I know).
I have opted to give a blood sample and am awaiting the results of this sample.
I am not keeping my hopes up on the blood having any less alcohol in them, if I knew the drinks contained vodka i wouldnt have drove.
I have read notes on the internet about proving the alcohol i knowingly drank wouldnt have put me over the limit? Please can you advise for me?
I drive for a job and have come to the realisation that i will lose my license, my job and my home.
I would be very appreciative of some advice?

Many Thanks

Driving with Excess Alcohol is a black and white offence, that is, if you drive a vehicle on a road or other public place, whilst over the prescribed limit then, in the eyes of the law, you are guilty of the offence. Drink Driving carries a mandatory minimum 12 month ban. A good road traffic lawyer will look at the evidence to ensure that procedures have been follwed by the police but assuming they have then it may be in your best interests to plead guilty.

If you are guilty, then the only circumstances in which you may be able to avoid a ban is if you are able to establish SPECIAL REASONS. Special Reasons are defined as a mitigating or extenuating circumstance relating the the facts of the offence not capable of amounting to a defence in law. Spiked drinks has been firmly established as capable of amounting to a special reason. However, you would have to show that you didnt know that your drink had been spiked, that you had no reason to beleive you were unfit to drive and that you would not have been over the limit were it not for the spiked drinks.

To do this you will need to instruct a forensic expert to do a calculation to establish what your reading would have been based only on the alcohol you knew you had drunk.

Special Reason cases are not easy to argue and I would advise you to obtain legal representation.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail then either call our 24 hour help line on 0845 0020736 or contact us via our web site at www.stephensons.co.uk/carryondriving

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off