appealing after 2years of ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

pbuddie

i was banned for 30 months and wish to appeal after 2years.
i had a reading of 93 so will be required to take a medical.
if the court grants me my licence back what would be the procedure for getting a medical ,would the court only grant it back subject to passing the medical? and how long would this take.hopefully maybe a month to get it all done?
am i better to wait the extra 6 months and avoid the appeal?,6 months early could mean me having a job or not
what are the chances of getting it back early in reality after 2 years of a 30 month ban?
it was a first offence and a last offence,my previous driving history was faultless in 17 years,no speeding fines ,traffic offences etc not even parking fines just this major blunder
thanks

The procedure is that you must first make an application for removal of the disqualification to the same court that imposed the ban in the first place. In considering your application the court MUST gave regard to the following factors:
"(a)the character of the person disqualified and his conduct subsequent to the order,
(b)the nature of the offence, and
(c)any other circumstances of the case"

If the court grant your application then the dvla will send you for a medical before issuing you with a licence.

Your conduct during the ban is very important. Producing documentary evidence that you have a firm offer of employment that is dependent on you having a licence us important. Thorough preparation and production of all supporting evidence is key to the success of your application and each case is considered on it's own merit. Good presentation of your case can also make a significant difference. I would advise you to seek legal representation which can be secured for a fixed fee.

Call us on 08450020736 if you want to discuss your case in more detail, free if charge.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off