Old DD conviction in N.I.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Puzzled

Hi,
Back in 1999/2000 I was visiting Northern Ireland & was caught drink driving. Having a UK licence I recieved a fine & one year ban in Northern Ireland. My UK licence was not endorsed & I was still able to drive legally in the UK.
I have recently moved to Northern Ireland (2009) & applied to have my licence transfered. They intially posted it back asking for me to pay & have endorsements removed. (my UK licence is clean). When I went to the local car tax/licence office to query this I handed my licence over the counter so they could phone the coraine office. The assistant came back & said she would have to consficate my licence & I would have to take a re-test!!! This left me all but stranded, I'm registered disabled. I had to get someone to lift my car to get home. I have asked Colraine under what act they have done this and as of SIX weeks I have had no reply!

1) Am I right in thinking a retest is only appicable in NI if the licence is endorsed. My UK licence wasnt & no points recorded.

The ammendment 2004 was brought in to stop this.

2) That the Stat rule 2004 is not retrospective, unless notified before end 2004.

I have instructed a local solicitor & colraine have not responded to him.

Thx.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off