blood sample procedure

Convicted Driver Insurance

djaussie

i was car jacked and beaten. the police asked if i had been drinking i said yes as i was severley beaten i had to give a blood sample. after taking the the sample the dr knocked over the vials. she then reached into the needle bin and retrieved a syringe and topped up the two vials.

my question is should the dr had started the whole procedure again because that sample could be someone elses or even contaminated whilst in the needle bin.

thanks

Are you suggesting that the Dr reached into a needle bin of used needles to retrieve a dirty needle? This would appear to be unlikely, but if true is definitely worth a close look at the evidence.

It's not clear from your question whether the blood was taken at hospital or at the police station. There are specific procedures and protocol that must be respected in blood alcohol cases, the detail of which depends on where the sample was taken. Certainly if it was taken at a police station I would suggest that you write to the police or CPS (depending on where the sample was taken and whether you have been charged or not yet), or even both, and ask them to save all CCTV footage from inside the custody office in the hope that the Dr's actions are caught on camera.

I would need to see the evidence to comment further. Based on what you say you should consult a solicitor for specific advice in relation to the issue you raise. If you would like to speak to someone in our team for more information then call us on 08545 0020736

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off