Advice please - short distance driven

Convicted Driver Insurance

tnmdavis

Hi,
I was recently arrested for drink driving, blood tests were taken and i have to go back in 8 weeks to answer bail.
Against me
I do not hold a driving licence, I was over the limit, I cliped the wing mirror of another veichle and did not have any insurance.
In my favour
A friend had been out after an argument, drunk, in the car, upon returning he left the car in the middle of the street, so I thought it was the right thing trying to get the car out of the middle of the road (obviously not), so the distance drove was very small, possible 2km.
I was also very complient with the police and answered all question honestly.

Can any one help me and possibly tell me what to expect in terms of punnishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several aggravating features (bad driving, collision, no insurance) which will all contribute to a more severe penalty. The minimum is a fine and 12 month ban if convicted. The alcohol level will also affect sentence. However, shortness of distance driven can be special reason not to disqualify you but I think 2km is pushing it. Most courts will say that's not a short distance and there are other factors to take into account like danger posed to other road users.

Thanks for the reply do you think i could go to jail, Im am really scared and not familure with the police as this is first offence.

The risk of custody depends on the alcohol level present. The guidelines say custody should be considered once it reaches 120 ug in 100 ml of breath.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off