confused.com

Convicted Driver Insurance

ajw

My ban is due to end this coming Tuesday (23rd) however i received a letter from the DVLA on the 2nd Feb (having re-applied at the end of December) saying i have to go for a medical - fine. I phoned the doctor and was told i couldn't make an appointment until i'd paid a deposit and had to send a postal order which i have now done. I phoned today and the first appt is the 16th March !! As far as i understand the bloods then go for testing etc, the Doctor will give their report/advice and this goes to the DVLA for consideration. Judging the length of time they took to deal with my application and the fact they didn't write to me in the first place i don't hold much hope for speedy resolution. I've served my ban, paid my fine, paid for my driver course, paid for a medical and because of their incompetence may have to wait a further 2 months (potentially). Some posts on here suggest if i contact them they can issue some sort of cover to drive until the medical results are determined - is this right and what do i do ? Cheers all

If you have been deemed to be a high risk offender then the DVLA are unlikely to return your licence to you until they are satisfied that you are not a high risk offender. If take issue with the length of time then I would advise you to discuss it with the DVLA directly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off