Drink driving charging with unusual circumstances

Convicted Driver Insurance

yordanov

Hello!
I am writing on behalf of my partner because his English is not very good.He was charged with drink driving offence a week ago at Ilford POlice station.
The situation was:
He was at a friend's house during the day and was drinking.At around midnight he was driving back to our house.We live in Wimbledon.He was not stopped by the police while he was driving on a road.He stopped the car in the backyard of the police station without realizing that actually it was a police station.It was dark and still he is not convinced that it was a police station.He wanted to go to the toilet in the bushes.A man(not introducing himself as a policeman,not even saying his name)said to him that he neened to go away from there because it is a part of the police station.My partner entered the car(without going to the tiolet)and wanted to go away.He wanted to move the car.Our car is AUTO and there is a problem with the reeves.The car could not start 2 times and this man said to my partnet to live the car.He asked him whether he was drinking alcohol.My partner said yes.Without any reason of stopping him the man did not introduce him and call for policemen on the radio to come.They come and took a breathtest(one-4.7 ,the other 4.9).
My question is whether this man had right to stop and take a breathtest from my partner.If we hire a laywer can he be discharged from the convictions.He is worried because he would have a criminal record.It never happened before.Can we do smth about it?
I will be very grateful if you could advise us.
Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
Nadya

p.s.They took from him a blood-test.The court hearing is in 5 weeks.

The short answer is "yes".
If you are suspected of driving or attempting to drive a vehicle on a road or other public place then a uniformed police officer can request a sample of breath at the road side if
a) you are suspected of being involved in an accident
b) you are suspected of committing a moving road traffic offence or
c) you are suspected of having consumed alcohol.

It is impossible to say whether your partner is likely to be convicted or not or whether there are grounds to defend the allegation without first seeing the evidence and then discussing it with him in detail.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off