drive again

Convicted Driver Insurance

Attila

Hi!I was arrested as a drunk driver in september 2008.I didnt do any accident,noone was injured.I needed to go to Magistrates Court.I paid fee to the Court,they gave me 24 months ban,100 hours community works,what I finished well.I still have approx. 7 months from 24.I havent any post from anywhere.One more thing,I have got a EU full license!I just would like to know,how and when can I driving again and what can I do? Thank you!

You must serve the entire 24 month ban. The only way of getting your licence back before then is if you were referred to the drink drive rehabilition course when you were sentenced. If so, then you can apply for licence back after serving 18 months of the ban if you do the course. If you chose not to do the course or you were not referred to the course at the time you were sentenced then you must serve the full 24 month ban.

They asked me about rehab. course,I just cant remember my answer.I checked all my sheets,I am in a 16. month now,so I have chance to apply.Who can tell me,I can or cant apply?

Unfortunately, I think you are now too late to do the course in any event. The best way of confirming whether you were in fact referred is to contact the Court and ask them.

Why are the majority of posters here so unbelievably stupid?

Spelling mistakes I can understand, but the basics about understanding the rehabilitation course and the importance of accepting or asking for it at court are just incredibly daft. As for these idiots who seem to believe that it is necessary to bring your bronze swimming certificate etc to court for some reason, well words just fail me.

No offence to any of the posters here, but I was quite struck by how thick most of the people on my course were.

Me, just another crim.

You don't need to be referred onto the course whilst at court, any more. The info is now sent out automatically to any first time offender - at least in my locality anyway (source: the legal clerk)

You don't need to be referred onto the course whilst at court, any more. The info is now sent out automatically to any first time offender - at least in my locality anyway (source: the legal clerk)

I stand corrected.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off