2nd time caught

Convicted Driver Insurance

danio

Hi, after havin a silly fight with my girlfriend, i drove home. was pulled over and caught drink driving. blew 70.

however, this is my second time ive been caught. 7 years ago i got 16 month ban. I did the drink driving course which got it down to 12 months.

Didnt kick up a fuss, police said it would it would be noted on how well behaved i was. In and out the station in 2 hours.

No criminal record either.

was just wondering what im expecting at court?

more then 3 years ban ?

chance of getting licence back after 2 ?

fine ?

jail/communinty service ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
As you will no doubt already appreciate, three years is the minimum ban. If the right mitigation is advanced on your behalf then there is no reason why the court should give you anything longer than the 3 years.

In addition I would expect you to get a fine, which will depend on your income and reflect the fact this is your second similar conviction.

All this presupposes there are no aggravating features which might take the case into the next sentencing bracket.

If you are banned for less than 4 years then you can apply for your licence back after serving 2 years. If you are banned for between 4 and 10 years then you must serve at least half the ban before getting your licence back early. We have an excellent track record in successfully doing this for our clients. If you need any help contact our 24 hour helpline and speak to a road traffic lawyer for free on 08450020736

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off