incorrect details on breathalyzer printout

Convicted Driver Insurance

Petebog

After I was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, I showed the police my driving licence, which clearly shows my correct address. They wrote the address down incorrectly, so their paperwork, including the charge sheet I was given, and the printout from the breathalyzer machine, shows the wrong address.
Surely the only evidence they have that I am guilty of drink driving is that from the breathalyzer machine. If the printout is incorrect, then the evidence is incorrect?
Can I be convicted of drink driving on the basis of incorrect evidence like this?

The address which they have copied down, and which appears on the breathalyzer printout is a non existant address. It should read 'Fassagh Road', instead it reads 'Foster Road'.

So, is there also no DNA, photos, signature or fingerprints that may be useful in identifying you or are you saying a minor administration error is enough to get you off on a technicality?

I'm afraid Mike1960 has a point. The police will be able to prove your identity, that you were driving and that you were over the limit based on the breathalyzer printout.

In my view this sort of administrative error will not be enough to cast sufficient doubt about your true identity, unless there is some other reason why this should be the case.

Incidently, I don't think the OP was trying to make a case for mistaken identity, as suggested. It seems he was thinking more about questioning the authenticity of the breath test printout. Nonetheless, as previously stated, I doubt this would hold much water.

So, is there also no DNA, photos, signature or fingerprints that may be useful in identifying you or are you saying a minor administration error is enough to get you off on a technicality?

I have a similar situation - the result of the test when printed out has no details at all. That is, the Police Station, Subject's Name, Date of Birth and Operator Name are all blank. There was no DNA or fingerprints taken. The signature block is completed but it was signed about 2 hours after the test took place.

It sounds like trying to get off a drink driving charge on a technicality but there are loads of problems with what happened and I am not convinced that my friend is guilty. Would a lawyer be able to argue that the results are inadmissable?

For FREE advice about your case call our 24 hour helpline on 0845 0020736 and we can discuss the case in more detail and provide tailored advice specific to your case. We have years of experience of dealing with cases like yours

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off