drink driving rehabilitation course last date missed

Convicted Driver Insurance

charlieshero

I was supposed to have completed my course by 5th Feb 2010 to enable 3 months reduction on my 12 month ban. I paid for and was due to start a course on 9th Jan and finish on 30th. Due to the snow and ice I had an accident the night before and put my back out and was unable to attend 1st course. I went to attend the next weeks session and was turned away as I had not done first sitting. I phoned the centre and head office on the day of course but phones not answered so i emailed them to advise. I also called the office on the monday and advised what had happened and they were going to call me back to advise if there were any available 1st session dates free before my 2nd was due. I received no such call back so attended the 2nd date and was advised that they had called and left a message for me, I did ask how this was possible as I have not had an answering service on my mobile for nearly 2 years. It turns out they left a message on an old number I used just before christmas and not the one i had given them when i booked the course. I also have relevant doctors note in reference to my back.
As I have now missed the last date set by the court to complete course in time and apply for license back my can i still attend another course (which is already paid for) and then apply to get license back. I am not too bothered if I cant get it back on after the serving of 9 months period is up but getting it back before 12 months would be nice.
I cant seem to find any one who has come across this before, and through no fault of my own ( I would rather not have fallen and hurt myself) and a slight mix up with course provider (telephone message) it looks like I may have to serve the whole 12 months.
For the record, 12 months ban reduced by 25% if course completed. Breath test reading of 46.
Any and all help much appreciated.

Sorry, can't give any useful advice, but I know from my course the organisers were unbelievably strict about time keeping. Coming back 5 minutes late from lunch would be enough to get you excluded and forfeit your fee, let alone missing an entire session.

Bad luck.

All I can suggest is that you try and persuade the course provider to let you take part in another course. The reason for the time limit is to enable them to notify the DVLA that you ahev done the course in time for you to get the full reduction on the ban. As the reduction is only for 3 months in your case then you dont have long to sort this out.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off