2 years later revoke license

Convicted Driver Insurance

leajeff

In the summer of 2007 I was arrested for excess alc in charge.

I woke up in the cell remembered nothing except leaving work in the club I worked.

I was told my car had crashed into railings, and I was when the police arrived in the drivers seat and keys wee in the ignition.

I went to court and the cctv didnt work so as far as I can remember the judge said, we wont take your license this time you are very lucky but we are putting you on a curfew.

I did he curfew order and got on with my life.

Few months later I was talking to a friend and they said that sounds too good to be true ring the dvla, check your still ok to drive.

This worried me so over the space of a year I rang twice maybe three times and each time was told you have no endorsements your fine.

Acouple of months ago I was routinely stopped and my tax was out of date by 2 days, they sent my details off.

A week later I got a letter saying, in 2007 you were asked to send your license back and didnt so now we are revoking it and you have to go to Lerner status cause at the time you had not been driving 2 years.

I didnt receive any letter at all and to check as I said I rang the dvla when my friend said.

I now have a job which im in a career and it involves, me driving.

What can I do?

Sounds like a shocking state of affairs.

Demand a copy of your telephone calls (they tape them at DVLA).

Talk to a solicitor.

i agree with the first reply.............. talk to a motoring solicitor asap.

it sounds like a lot of red tape bullshit which would take you forever to get through.

good luck.

I would be interested to discuss this in more detail with you because there are some missing bits of the jigsaw.

I am guessing you were not convicted of driving with excess alcohol (as that carries a mandatory ban and you dont seem to suggest you were seen actually driving the vehicle) but perhaps Being Drunk in Charge, instead. Drunk in charge would mean the court don't have to ban you but can give you 10 penalty points as an alternative to a disqualification.

If you don't surrender your licence in court to have the points put on then the DVLA give you 12 months to surrender it to them for endorsement. After that they revoke it. If you called the DVLA in the 12 month period after the court hearing then it doesn't surprise me that you were told there were no endorsements because you hadn't surrendered your licence, having said that you would expect them to have a record of the conviction on their system. The only explanation is that you called before they updated their system, perhaps.

Under the new driver provisions any driver who has 6 points imposed on their licence within 2 years of passing their first test of competence automatically has their driving licence revoked and must reapply for a provisional licence, reverting to learner driver status. If I am right, and you were given 10 points for being drunk in charge then I would expect the DVLA to revoke your licence immediately.

Whilst the DVLA have not covered themself in glory by giving you erroneous information over the telephone, the fact remains that you were present in court when (if I am right in my assumptions) the court told you that they were endorsing your licence with 10 points. You should have been aware that this would result in the revocation of your licence. Nothing you have been told in error by the DVLA since then is going to change this.

You should be aware that you now run the risk of being prosecuted for driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence (minimum 3 points) and without insurance ( 6- 8 points) if you are convicted of driving without a provisional licence and without a suitably qualified driver supervising you.

The only thing you can do now is apply for a provisional licence and resit your driving test (both the practical and theory) as soon as possible.

so there is no point trying to get a good lawyer? what about trying to just get the years ban instead of having to apply all again? cause they revoked it after I had been driving over 2 years?

The delay in revoking your licence is probably due to the delay in you surrendering it for endorsement. I don't think that the DVLA have broken any rules here.
You are out of time for appealing against the court's decision (21 day time limit) and I would say your best option is to re-sit your test, which you can do immediately.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off