Waiting on results of a blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

worried

Hello

I was pulled over and breathalised on 20.12.09 I blew 58 and was taken to the station, only one of my four attempts to blow on the machine registered. Was offered blood test which was taken approx an hour later.

Is there any standard time frame for when I should be expecting the results to be communicated to me, and is it worth seeking advice from a solicitor prior to the test results becoming known to me. Also after I am notified how long is it likely to be until a court date if found to be over the limit.

Thank you in anticipation of your response

Around 6wks - I learn t this week that they (police) have 6mths in which to charge you!

It takes approximately 6 weeks in most areas of the country for the police to get blood test results back from the forensic science service.
The police have 6 months from the date of knowledge of the offence within which to either formally charge you or lay an information against you at court (which would result in a summons being issued).

If you want to get an idea about the alchol reading without waiting that long then you could arrange for an independent analysis of the second sample that the plice should have offered you at the police station. This sample should be preserved by keeping it refridgerated. An independent analysis can usually be arranged for £100 to £200 and the results are usually available within a few days.

If you would like to talk to one of our lawyers over the phone about your case, free of charge, then please call us on 08450020736.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off