Pleading Not Guilty - how does it affect verdict?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Baldy

After meeting with a solicitor, i’ve been told that I may have a case that if I appeal not guilty I may stand a chance of having my conviction quashed. (Private “barrier locked” carpark with no public access).

Aggravating: Blew 77, damaged a parked car and reversed into wall - nobody else in carpark at time.

Question is, if I’m found guilty after a retrial how does this affect the verdict?

You are given full credit for entering a guilty plea at the earliest opportunity. If you go to trial and are unsuccessful then you will not be given any credit. 'Credit' in this sort of matter does not relate to the length of the ban but relates to the financial penalty and/or any community order that may ordinarily be imposed as part of the penalty. In short, the difference is that there will be a higher financial penalty being imposed upon conviction at the end of a trial process than there would be if a guilty plea had been entered at the earliest stage. Aside form the difference between any prosecution costs order, the fine will be as much as 33% lower if a guilty plea is entered at the first hearing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off