Please, help. I'm legit terrified.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Annoymous

Okay, so I made another post in the first time drinking and driving offences forum and have had a few replies. I'm a so scared, literally terrified of going to jail over this, I'm so sorry I'm the ****ing stupidest idiot in the world getting into that car,

I'm getting charged with drink driving, no license and no insurance but there's also another charge which I'm so worried about which I think will cause me to go to jail.

I quote "used threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour withint the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby."

It's a public order act I'm so scared, these are my first ever offences, what are the chances of me going to jail? I blew 90 at the station I was only swearing at the officers in the street quite loudly because the cuffs were so tight it was unreal.

Could I just please state that I actually got cautioned for affray in middle of 2015 will this increases my chances of getting sent to jail?

On the face of what you describe, it appears to be a low level public order offence that would ordinarily be dealt with by way of a fine or community order. I would suggest that you obtain some advice relating to the detail of the allegation once the evidence is considered. The reading of 90µg in breath is just inside the third of four sentencing brackets for drink driving. This bracket does not put you at risk of custody but does mean a community order will almost certainly be imposed. The aggravation of the other offences, including the public order offence, means that your overall penalty for drink driving could be higher. On the face of it, this does not present as a high custody risk case but further consideration would need to be given to the evidence provided before more detailed advice regarding sentence can be provided.

On the face of what you describe, it appears to be a low level public order offence that would ordinarily be dealt with by way of a fine or community order. I would suggest that you obtain some advice relating to the detail of the allegation once the evidence is considered. The reading of 90µg in breath is just inside the third of four sentencing brackets for drink driving. This bracket does not put you at risk of custody but does mean a community order will almost certainly be imposed. The aggravation of the other offences, including the public order offence, means that your overall penalty for drink driving could be higher. On the face of it, this does not present as a high custody risk case but further consideration would need to be given to the evidence provided before more detailed advice regarding sentence can be provided.

Thanks very much for your reply, Sean.

So are the chances of me going to jail higher because of the public order offence or no?

Much appreciated.

The additional offence aggravates the penalty but on the face of it, custody does not seem likely. That is based on limited information and it is always advisable to get more specific advice from a solicitor who can fully review your case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off