drink and drug driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lamb123

hi i was caught drink driving with 64 micrograms of alcohol in my breath. i was also found to have cocaine in my system through swabs but didn't have to do a bloods or urine test. stupid stupid decision and i'm absolutely devastated for risking others life and my own. i'm highly dependant on using my car for work and could lose my job as it's in a very hard to reach place. i also have depression and anxiety and this will cause big issues for me.

i'm aware i will probably get a driving ban, but what should i expect in terms of length and fine? is there anything i can bring to court that may reduce the sentencing?

thanks in advance, liam

A reading of 64µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath means that you face a ban of between 17 and 22 months together with a fine calculated by considering around 1.5 weeks' take home pay or in the alternative to a fine the court may impose a community order. This would usually be in the form of unpaid work in the community.

Your reading is towards the lower end of the scale so a community order can hopefully be avoided and you may also be offered the opportunity to take part in a drink driving rehabilitation course. That can reduce your ban by up to 25%.

The court will consider the nature of the offence but can also consider your background and character when deciding on penalty. Representation is always recommended where possible but at the very least you should be looking to obtain character references to support your mitigation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off