Can I go to prision for riding a motorbike ( no insurance ) after having a ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

joseluis

I got a ban from driving due to alcohol , I blew 43/45, days ago I had to remove a motorbike I had in a previous house and I decided to ride it but I got stop by the police and my bike got seized, I been told I’ll receive a letter for the court , in my previous court the judge told me if they caught me driving , (in this case riding) I can go to prision for up to 6 months and have a huge fine, what are the risks of this case ? Will I go to jail ?

Whilst prison is a risk for an offence of driving whilst disqualified, the circumstances of the offence are key in determining how much of a risk that is for any individual. In your case there are more factors that need to be considered:

1. How long were you banned for and how soon before the recent offence was the original ban imposed;
2. How far had you ridden the bike; and
3. The reasons for driving are important. Whilst the reason you give is not sufficient to mean you can drive whilst disqualified, you have not driven/ridden for reward or carried any passengers and you were moving a vehicle from A to B for functional/logistical reasons.

Driving whilst disqualified has a varied sentencing guidelines that can see anything from an additional 6 points being added to an additional ban and a prison sentence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off