Blew 44 with ILR-worried about what to expect in court/deportation

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mbkk1986

Hi

After some advice.
Lost control of my car ad hit a lampost. Blew 50 at he scene then 44 at the station so was charged. I am from he Caribbean but indefinite leave to remain since 1998 but the police handed me paperwork regarding notice of possible deportation as a result.
I have clean records, work full time and have partner and 2yr old. Really worried as this has been my home since98 and we are still paying off IVF bills so my financial situation is not great at all. My court date is 28th July.
My questions are
1)How worried to i need to be about deportation considering the amount of 44?
2) Can i represent myself as my finances are low?
3) Do i need to contact an immigration lawer now or await the outcome of court?
Thank you

Last edited:
Whilst 44µg is in the lowest possible bracket, it still means a minimum 12 month ban. There is a possibility the ban could be as high as 16 months but also a likelihood of the opportunity of completing a drink driving rehabilitation course.

To answer your specific questions:

1. You will need to seek advice form an immigration lawyer regarding this point as that is a separate area of specific expertise;
2. You can represent yourself. I would recommend at least obtaining some character references to assist the court with an insight into your character away form the circumstances of this offence; and;
3. I would advise contacting an immigration lawyer as soon as possible to find out your position and what you may need to get in place.

If there are any further questions following discussions with an immigration lawyer, please feel free to post on here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off