Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Carry on Driving With Stephensons Law Firm

Thread: Can i go to prison for blowing 47 after being caught driving after a few drinks

ChapmG2 is offline New Member

Default Can i go to prison for blowing 47 after being caught driving after a few drinks

Hi i recently drove the edge of my estate to withdraw some money from a card machine for a takeaway, i am ashamed to say that i had been drinking and completely did not think correctly. I was stopped by police and failed a road side breath test i was taken the local police station and blew 50 then 47. I have only been driving 14 months and understand i will be banned, can anyone re assure me that firstly this is not an imprissonable offence as i am absolutely a bag of nerves at the minute due to my anxiety and secondly would i lose my license or just be banned. I will plead guilty because i have no excuse for doing what i did. Any advice or reassurance is greatly welcomed. Thanks. Gaz

I represent people accused of road traffic offences all over England and Wales

Default Re: Can i go to prison for blowing 47 after being caught driving after a few drinks

The sentencing guidelines for a reading of 47 µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath indicate that you will be banned for a period of between 12 and 16 months and will be fined alongside that. An isolated offence with a reading of that level would not give rise to a prison sentence. Your reading would ordinarily need to be well in excess of that. The starting point for custody is 120 µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath.

ChapmG2 is offline New Member

Default Re: Can i go to prison for blowing 47 after being caught driving after a few drinks

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Thankyou for your reply, so i will deffinatley not be sentenced to prison then? I was not driving unsafe and it was 1am in the morning it was around half a kilometre drive if that i also co operated with the officers. I suffer from anxiety and this is really playing on my mind, i have certainly learned a valuable lesson from this experience