Help with financial means and early guilty plea

Convicted Driver Insurance

k1234567

Hi there,

I was caught drink driving on the 6th January, and i have just received my court details requiring me to attend on the 26th March.

I have two questions:

Firstly, i am a student, and so i am having some difficulty with the financial means form. I obviously not employed, but i do receive student finance (student loan that i'll have to pay back) and an NHS bursary (that I will not have to pay back). Should i just declare myself as unemployed or do I need to declare either of those incomes? I feel the student finance is unlikely to be relevant as it's a loan, but the NHS bursary i am less sure about.

Secondly, on my charge sheet, it mentions I can write to the prosecutor/court to enter an early guilty plea. As i intend to plead guilty, how would I go about this, and what information do I need to include?

Many thanks for your help.

Student finance is not considered as the 'relevant weekly income'. You can find a definition and guidance on the sentencing council website:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...nes-2/3-definition-of-relevant-weekly-income/

The earliest stage at which a guilty plea can be entered is at the first appearance. Maximum credit should be applied for entering a guilty plea at that hearing. Yo should concentrate on issues such as previous good character, your personal background and the impact the penalty will have on you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off