return of driving licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

dan1989

hi, i was disqualified for drink driving in 2015 and recieved a 3 year ban. On the night i was breatalysed i was breatalysed 2 hours after the police first saw me driving. i admitted to having a couple of pints but didnt think i was over the limit. the police lost sight of me for 2 hours and by the time they came to my house and breatalysed me i had more to drink in that 2 hour gap. can i bring this up when i apply for early return of licence? many thanks.

Unfortunately, applying for early return of your licence is not a process that will lend itself to reconsideration of the facts of any previous conviction. That is not something the court will consider. Instead they will consider:

• Your character and post-conviction conduct;
  • The nature (not detailed facts) of the offence for which he was convicted; and
  • Any other circumstances of the case.

An application may only be made in the event that:

• Two years have passed since disqualification of four years or less was ordered; or
  • One half of the period of disqualification has passed, if four years to ten years disqualification was ordered; or
  • Five years have passed if a disqualification for ten years or more was ordered.

If your application is refused, it is possible to renew the application after a period of three months from the date of refusal.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off