Caught driving over the limit 2 days ago

Convicted Driver Insurance

Leascho

Hi all, this is my first offence and I am really scared. I have depression and anxiety and had a bit of a meltdown/anxiety attacks in my car 2 days ago and stupidly had a drink to try and calm down, I ended up getting carried away and scored 80 on the breath test at the police station following a crash. No one was injured but my airbags did deploy. I can't remember what I scored at the scene but it was probably a bit more. I don't know when my court hearing is yet and don't know what to expect however I know I will get a ban and a fine, will i ever be able to afford insurance ever again? I'm only 19 and have never done anything like this before and feel like I have ruined my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

P.s I am taking medication for my mental health

Hi all, this is my first offence and I am really scared. I have depression and anxiety and had a bit of a meltdown/anxiety attacks in my car 2 days ago and stupidly had a drink to try and calm down, I ended up getting carried away and scored 80 on the breath test at the police station following a crash. No one was injured but my airbags did deploy. I can't remember what I scored at the scene but it was probably a bit more. I don't know when my court hearing is yet and don't know what to expect however I know I will get a ban and a fine, will i ever be able to afford insurance ever again? I'm only 19 and have never done anything like this before and feel like I have ruined my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

P.s I am taking medication for my mental health

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 80 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine or low level community order AND a driving disqualification of between 17 and 22 months.

As this is your first offence you are likely to be afforded the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. Upon successful completion of the course, the period of disqualification imposed will be reduced by up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Let us know how you get on at court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off