Magistrates Court on 28/03

Convicted Driver Insurance

pippo2308

Hi,

A week ago today I got charged with drink driving. Long story short, a member of the public followed me whilst reporting to the police and filming me on a dash cam claimed i was driving over speed limit and erratically, swerving towards barriers etc. Although importantly and luckily i didn't hurt anyone else or myself.

Shortly after arriving home, police knocked the door i cooperated fully, blew 73 then 80 at station. No previous motoring convictions but was convicted of assualt back in November.

Any idea of penalty i am likely to receive? My solicitor thinks 22 months reduced by doing course and a fine.

Any other opinions?

Hi,

A week ago today I got charged with drink driving. Long story short, a member of the public followed me whilst reporting to the police and filming me on a dash cam claimed i was driving over speed limit and erratically, swerving towards barriers etc. Although importantly and luckily i didn't hurt anyone else or myself.

Shortly after arriving home, police knocked the door i cooperated fully, blew 73 then 80 at station. No previous motoring convictions but was convicted of assualt back in November.

Any idea of penalty i am likely to receive? My solicitor thinks 22 months reduced by doing course and a fine.

Any other opinions?

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 80 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a disqualification of between 17 and 22 months.

As this is your first drink driving offence then you are likely to be offered the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, completing the course will reduce the period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

Just to update you. 20 month ban with offer of course so 15 months potentially

I can't remember what the fine is. But roughly £300

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off